Simple Skin Care Hacks for Exhausted Moms

Over time, you may have noticed that the skin on your face has begun to sag and what used to be tiny creases at the corners of your eyes when you smile have turned into annoying wrinkles. The effects of aging, along with the exhaustion due to having to take care of your little one, are  inevitable but that doesn’t mean that all you are left to do now is sit back and watch as your face turns into an awful mess. You can still do something to achieve a more youthful glow.

1. Eat healthy and stay hydrated.

This is easier said than done but it does make a world of difference. Fruits and vegetables contain potent antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals. Also, drinking a lot of water does wonders. If you’re dehydrated, your skin will look dry with a little tint of gray.

2. Wear sunscreen all the time.

It doesn’t matter if it’s sunny outside or not; you have to lather sunscreen onto your skin every single day. A research conducted in Australia reported that those who wear sunscreen on a daily basis age by 20 % less than those who seldom use sunscreen. By using sunscreen, you are delaying the onset of age spots and wrinkles.

3. Cleanse before you hit the sheets.

Just like the majority of us, you may be guilty of dozing off without washing your face. The thing is doing so has a huge impact on your skin. By cleansing, you are reducing the amount of oil on your skin, resulting in less blemishes. Sleeping with your make up on is also a surefire way to have dry and wrinkled skin.

Enter a caption

4. Exfoliate regularly.

By removing the dead cells, you are speeding up the rejuvenation of your skin cells. This helps your skin to appear from looking dull to bright and vibrant. Additionally, habitual exfoliation reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

5. Moisturize.

Skipping your moisturizer may lead your skin to be dehydrated, thereby leading to deeper creases on your face. Applying moisturizer also helps your skin from appearing flaky and dull.

6. Cut back on sweets.

Glycation, which is the breakdown of sugar, causes your collagen to get damaged. Once your collagen gets damaged, sagging and wrinkles will be inevitable. Having a high-sugar diet also makes the elastin and collagen more rigid, which takes off the youthful plumpness from your skin.

7. Eat good fats.

Yes, you read that right. Just make sure that you know the difference between good fats and bad fats. There are plenty of sources of good fats, such as oily fish, walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, chia seeds, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, walnuts, sunflower seeds and Brazil nuts. These are rich in vitamin E, which is responsible for maintaining the moisture level on your skin. Vitamin E is also great in repairing damages caused by exposure to the harmful rays of the sun. It also helps minimize wrinkles.

8. Get plenty of sleep.

Lack of sleep leads your skin to become imbalanced. The level of moisture on your skin decreases and the pH level of your complexion also drops. When that happens, your skin tends to be incapable of producing the much-needed moisture, thus making you appear dull and dry.

9. Exercise more.

Or start exercising if you haven’t yet. Exercise increases blood flow, and by doing so, your skin cells get nourished. When you exercise, blood circulates and carries nutrients and oxygen to cells throughout your body, including your skin cells.

10. Manage stress.

When you’re stressed, a chemical response that triggers your skin to be more reactive and sensitive is activated. Stress also causes the increased production of the hormone called cortisol, which basically leads your sebaceous glands to generate more oil. Skin breakout and other skin problems follow hereafter.

20 Comments Add yours

1. robin rue says:

These are all really good tips and they are so easy to do as long as people make the time to do them. Staying hydrated is SO important.

2. thehouseturnedhome says:

This is a great list! It’s important for Moms to take care of themselves, and this is a great way to do it!

3. I try to wear sunscreen as often as possible. I am getting older, so I don’t want my skin to LOOK older haha.

4. natalielovesbeauty says:

These are great tips, not only for moms! I’ve cut out a lot of sweets, but need to work on exercising.

5. New Labels Only says:

I am not a mother but can surely use some of these tips. I really need to cut down on sweet and hydrate more!

6. raisingyourpetsnaturally says:

Fantastic tips. #1 really is so important. Eating and drinking right does wonders for our body and mind.

7. Holly says:

I need to start taking better care of myself and my skin. Thanks for the great reminders

8. Ana De-Jesus says:

I definitely need to cut back on junk food and start moisturizing. I think trying to get more hours of sleep would help as well x,x

9. Amber says:

Thank you for these tips. I’m working on doing all of this. I’m terrible at the sweets one though.

10. Amanda Love says:

I honestly never wanted to cut back on the sweets but it’s really effective once I got used to it. I think it’s a great way to get rid of the excess sugar that you don’t need, not to mention the fact that it makes your complexion clearer too.

11. Nay @ beautyaddictmama says:

These are great tips. I’m struggling to do a few at the moment because of time but seeing it on black and white has reminded me to take care of myself.

12. Ophelia Tang says:

This post has some great tips. Staying hydrate and putting on sun screen are so necessary. Thanks for sharing and keep it up.
    XOXO //SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

13. Cindy Magee says:

Just one more reasons why I need to cut sugar out of my diet! And I’m so lazy about washing my face each night. 😦 Great tips!

14. Jackie says:

These are excellent tips. Sometimes you forget and get caught up with this sorts of things. Such a great blog post and thanks for sharing.

15. Megan says:

As a mom, I really appreciate these tips! I have been bad about sweets, but since I’ve started exercising I’ve been way better. I also need work on the sleep situation, but that one will be the hardest of all!

16. I agree with everything you say. So many things can affect the condition of your skin.

17. I strictly follow the rule of drinking more water, and always wear sunscreen lotion. Its good to take care of our skin at early years.

18. Elizabeth O says:

All are great tips for living a healthy life in general. Hydration and moisturizing are key to helping our skin look great. I live by it.

19. Jo Anna says:

I love these tips, I knew about some of them like the hydration and the sun…but sweets?? That was news to me lol. Great tips thanks for sharing!!

20. So many great hacks!!! I’m obsessed with exfoliating!! It’s crazy what a difference it can make in your skin!